Amla is an amazing and inexpensive superfood. And it is packed with vitamin C and vitamin A.
Amla enhances food absorption and improves skin health.
It promotes healthy hair and acts as an antioxidant.
Amla also improves kidney health.
Nutritional Information of Amla is:
- Calories: 66
- Fat: 0.9g
- Sodium: 1.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Sugars: n/a
- Protein: 1.3g
- Vitamin C: 46% of the Daily Value (DV)
- And Vitamin B5: 9% of the DV
- And Vitamin B6: 7% of the DV
- Copper: 12% of the DV
- Manganese: 9% of the DV
- Potassium: 6% of the DV
If you want to make Amla juice I am sharing with you the recipe for amla juice:
You can easily make amla juice at home and it needs only a few ingredients:
- Let’s start with 2-3 gooseberries and put them into the blender and add 1 to 2 cups of water.
- Now we have to add black pepper, honey or sea salt into it.
- Now blend all the ingredients well.
- Pour on glass and enjoy!
Benefits of Amla:
- Amla has many health benefits. It contains antioxidants, fiber and minerals like calcium and
- Amla is a highly nutritious fruit. Amla fruit is low in calories but is rich in potassium, vitamin c, B5 and B6.
- It can build our immunity and flush out harmful toxins from our bodies.
- It can protect our brain and heart health and it reduce bad cholesterol and keep our blood pressure under control.
- It is a very good fruit for diabetic patients. It is highly nutritious and maintains blood glucose levels.
- It helps in weight loss. It keeps our stomach fuller and prevents unhealthy food cravings.
- It improves our digestion and better bowel movements. In the early morning, you can take a glass of amla juice for smooth digestion.
- It also promotes hair growth and skin health. You will be happy to know it is packed with many nutrients which is helpful in hair growth. It has calcium vitamin A, iron and antioxidants.
- It improves eyesight, near-sightedness, and cataracts.
- Amla is a great source of iron and it treats Anemia.
- Amla helps to reduce cough, tuberculosis, throat infections and flu.
Does amla have carbs?
Amla has Fat: Less than 1 gram. Carbohydrates: 8 grams. Fiber: 3 grams
Can we eat raw amla for weight loss?
For best weight management, it is suggested we have to drink amla juice before waking up in the morning.
How many carbs are in amla powder?
Amla powder contains 6.9g total carbs, 0g fat, 0.2g protein, and 28 calories.
Who should not eat amla?
If we have dry scalp or dry skin, and we consume too much amla can create a problem. Too much consumption of amla leads to problems of hair fall, dandruff and other hair related problems.
Is amla hot or cold?
Amla is a natural coolant.
Does amla reduce blood sugar?
Yes, amla reduces blood sugar levels effectively. You can drink amla juice.
Amla Powder Brands:
We will get amla powder in various brands:
- Khadi Naturals Ayurvedic Amla Powder
- Patanjali Divya Amla Churna
- Herb Essential Amla Powder
- Jain Amla Powder
- Aarshaveda Organic Amla Powder
- Ayur Amla Extract Powder
- Naturemed’s Amla Powder
Amla on Keto Diet:
Yes, we can eat Gooseberries or amla in the keto diet.it is a good berry to fit into your keto diet plan.
It is a fruit that is sour and we cannot consume it raw. So you can do one thing half dry it in the sun and sprinkle salt over it.
You can make gooseberries candies to ease digestion.
These are some of the recipes you can eat in the keto diet: