Cuban Green Peppers. I recently posted a stuffed peppers recipe, but this one is a little different, no meat, to be honest, I like it better. For this recipe I use cubanelle peppers, the skin is thinner and they cook in a short amount of time.
Stuffed cubanelle peppers are a delicious side dish. I am warning you it is hot. The smell is awesome. It will satisfy everyone. These are the best stuffed Cuban peppers I have ever had in my life. This delicious recipe makes the best dinner idea any night of the week. It is finest for those hot-weather evenings that are fast oncoming.
We have a YouTube channel also:
If you like our recipe please like share and subscribe to us.
Ingredients required for Low carb stuffed cubanelle peppers.
1 pound bulk Italian turkey sausage
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
One cup finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
One cup of Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
½ cup Monterey Jack cheese
Half cup mozzarella cheese
¼ cup cooked rice
¼ cup grated Romano cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or to taste
8 Cubanelle peppers, stemmed and seeded
How to prepare Cuban Green Peppers
1. Take a skillet over medium-high heat and add sausage and stir well till lightly browned or cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Now drain excess grease and move into a bowl.
3. Now preheat your oven to 150 C.
4. Take a skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil in it add chopped onion and garlic and stir well for 2-3 minutes. Now we have to add sausage, bread crumbs, Monterey Jack cheese, mozzarella cheese, egg, rice, Romano cheese, and parsley and mix well till well combined.
5. Now add salt and pepper according to taste and stir well.
6. Now move this into a bowl.
7. Now in the same skillet add 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat cook Cubanelle peppers till browned for 2 -3 minutes.
8. Now with the help of a scoop stuff Cubanelle peppers with the rice mixture and press down with the help of fingers.
9. Take a baking sheet and grease it with melted butter and put stuffed peppers into the sheet and cover the dish with aluminium foil.
10. Now bake in preheated oven for around 10-15 minutes or cook accordingly till pepper cook well.
11. You can remove the foil paper and cook for 5 minutes more.
Nutritional Information for Cuban Green Peppers