Have you ever tried Friands recipe? Yes, here I am going to show you the new keto recipe that is friands and full of lemon flavour!
Try this recipe for one time I must say that you will make this recipe again and again. My kid will love it. and my husband becomes a fan of mine after eating this recipe.
He told me that he never try this recipe. If you love lemon flavour then you will become a fan of this recipe. It is sugar-free and keto-friendly. These baby-sized friands are ideal for any special celebration with friends. you can find interesting recipes here red lobster cheddar biscuits or Maja Blanca recipe
Total Servings – 4
Prep Time –15 to 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 20minutes
Ingredients required for lemon friands:
- 1/4 cup of coconut flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup of erythritol (if using salted butter, if you only use coconut oil, you’ll need fewer sweeteners, I’d do 3/4 cup instead).
- 1 1/2 cups of Almond flour
- 5 egg whites
- 180g of melted butter (you can replace 100% with coconut oil, but the friands texture worked best for me when doing about half butter and half coconut oil)
- The rind of 2 limes or lemon
How to prepare healthy friands
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees.Grease mini muffins pan with melted butter and dust with plain flour.
- In a bowl, mix almond flour, vanilla protein powder, coconut flour, erythritol and whisk together until well combined.
- In a large bowl place the egg whites and whisk until they are white and frothy.
- Now smoothly mix the frothy egg whites into the flour mixture.
- Add the melted butter and zest of one lemon, and stir everything together.
- With the help of a scoop fill the batter into a muffins pan.
- Bake them for 15-20 minutes or check them until they are lightly brown. When baking properly. Let the friands cool for about 10 minutes before removing them.
- Drip the lemon icing over each friand and garnish with some lemon zest.
Nutritional information for Friands recipe
- Calories: 280