Keto Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Is it possible to make chicken wings with an air fryer? Yes, it is! For all you non-veg keto recipe lovers, here is the delicious and healthy keto recipe.
Cooking the chicken wings in air fryer makes them super crispier. However, you can take that to the next level by applying a thin layer of baking powder on the chicken wings before air frying them.
Because air fryer chicken wings aren’t covered in GMO oils or wheat flour like normal fried chicken wings, they are super healthy too. Excited already? Well then, let’s move a step forward to preparing the recipe.
Ingredients Required for Keto Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Total Servings – 4
Prep Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 35 minutes
Only a few ingredients are required for preparing the delectable and healthy recipe. Each of the ingredients along with their quantitiesis enumerated as follows:
- 2 lbs. chicken wings (fresh or thawed from frozen)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- If you are wishing not to use commercial baking powder due to cornstarch content, you can make it on your own. Simply mix 1 part of baking soda with 2 parts of cream of tartar
- Don’t use fry frozen chicken wings directly as it increases the chances of overcooking and undercooking. Use fresh chicken wings, instead. Nonetheless, if you have to use frozen chicken wings then first thaw them
How to Prepare
Keto air fryer chicken wings is a main course recipe, and one of the most delicious and healthy ones, belonging to American cuisine. Here is how to prepare the ketogenic non-veg recipe:
Step #01 – Take a large bowl and add chicken wings to it along with baking powder, black pepper, and sea salt. Mix thoroughly
Step #02 – Grease 2 racks or the basket of the air fryer oven
Step #03 – Put the chicken wings onto the greased racks or add them in two batches if using an air fryer oven basket
Step #04 – Put the racks or basket into the air fryer oven and cook them at 2500F for about 15 minutes
Step #05 – Now, switch the trays i.e. the one that was at the bottom earlier must now be at the top. If using the basket, simply place it in the air fryer oven once again. Set the temperature to 4300F and air fry the chicken wings for about 15 to 20 minutes or until they turn crispy
Step #06 – Serve and enjoy!
- There are a variety of additions that can make the keto air fryer chicken wings even tastier, such as buffalo sauce for dipping, celery sticks, and ranch dressing
- Do not stack chicken wings in the air fryer oven and for getting crispiest chicken wings to cook them in a single layer
Want to know how much nutrition does the recipe packs? Here it is:
Energy– 275 kcal
Carbohydrates– 1 gram
Fat– 19 grams
Fiber– 0 grams
Protein– 22 grams
Keto Air Fryer Chicken Wings Feel free to share tips, suggestions, remarks, comments, and anything about the recipe with us via the dedicated comments section below. Thanks in advance!