A crepe is a slimmed-down version of a pancake. Crepes are pancakes but so very thin. They come in many flavors, but the ones we are going to discuss in this article are chocolate crepes, ketogenic chocolate crepes, to be specific.
Ingredients required for Keto Chocolate Crepes
Total Servings – 2 (Each serving is a pair of crepes.)
Prep Time – 15 minutes
Cooking Time – 25 minutes
● 170 grams cream cheese
● 6 eggs (large)
● 3 teaspoons swerve sweetener
● 1 tablespoon butter
● 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
● 1 tablespoon coconut flour
● ⅛ teaspoon xanthan gum
How to Prepare Keto Chocolate Crepes
01 – Start with microwaving the cream cheese to soften it.
2 – Now, take a bowl and throughly mix all ingredients, except for the butter, in it. Use a stick blender to get a smooth batter. When done, divide the same into 4 equal parts.
3 – Place a saucepan over medium-high flame and grease the same using butter.
4 – And add one part of the batter to the pan. Spread it thoroughly around the center of the pan to form a circle. Ensure no holes are formed.
5 – Cook the crepe and turn down the flame if there is smoke. Keep cooking until it turns brownish around the edges.
6 – Use a spatula to flip over the crepe on to its other side and cook it until this side also turns brownish. Remove the crepe from the saucepan and set aside.
7 – Repeat steps #04 to #06 for the remaining parts of the batter.
8 – Serve hot and enjoy!
● If the crepe gets ripped accidently, collect it together using the spatula and keep cooking for a few more seconds at a slightly reduced heat level.
● To check whether the crepe is ready to be flipped over or not, gently try to place the spatula under the center of the crepe. If it is easy to do then the crepe is ready for flipping over.
Nutritional Information for Keto Chocolate Crepes
Energy – 302 kcal
Carbohydrates – 7 grams
Fat – 26 grams
Fiber – 1 gram
Protein – 13 grams
That sums up the keto chocolate crepes recipe. Do you like – or love – it? Let us know in the
comments. You can also ask questions, make recipe suggestions, etc. there. See you next time!