keto cornbread recipe
Cornbread, as the name implies, is made from corn or cornmeal. The conventional recipe has a huge amount of carbs! Since none of those was low carb or grain-free, we had to come up with something new for you that is keto-friendly.Try my Keto Cream Cheese Stuffed Pumpkin Muffin . You’d never know this version is made with low-carb
flours and no cornflour or cornmeal. On the outside, it’s golden and tender, but the inside is buttery and fluffy.It doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming to follow a ketogenic diet during the holidays. A killer recipe KETO PORK RIND CRUSTED PORK CHOPS This keto-friendly cornbread recipe will fulfill all of your cornbread cravings
without causing you to gain weight.
Prep Time – 5 minutes
Cooking Time – 30 minutes
Total Time – 35 to 40 minutes
1/2 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup salted butter (melted)
Butter for greasing the skillet
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MAKING KETO CORN BREAD:
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F and butter the pan with 1 tablespoon of butter. Preheat the oven when the pan is in it.
2. Combine the coconut flour, almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and salt in a big mixing bowl. Combine the eggs, sugar, and cornbread flavoring in a mixing bowl. 1/4 cup water, stirred in If the batter is already too thick, add a tablespoon of water at a time.
3. If using, add the bacon and jalapeno.
4. Remove the hot skillet from the oven (and remember to use an oven mitt!) Brush the skillet with molten butter.
5. Spread the batter in the prepared skillet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges and firm to the touch in the middle. Remove the dish from the oven and set it aside to cool before slicing.
TIPS AND SUGGESTIONS:
Make sure your cast-iron skillet is well greased. This helps to form a pleasant crust and adds flavor while also keeping the bread from sticking together.
Make a keto cornbread stuffing or dressing with this cornbread.
You can also try this recipe by baking in muffin tins. Simply grease the muffin tin wells with butter or line with cupcake liners.
TO STORE: Cornbread should be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 5 days. If you leave it any longer, and you risk the cornbread going rancid and drying out.
TO FREEZE: You can place the cornbread in a freezer-friendly container and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
REHEATED CORNBREAD: Cornbread is best eaten hot. Reheat for 30 seconds in the microwave or 4-5 minutes in a preheated oven.
Almond flour and coconut flour act differently as nut-based flours, and this recipe relies on the combination of proteins and fats, as well as the eggs, that they contain.This cornbread can easily be made ahead of time and frozen until ready to eat. You can opt to serve with a dollop of butter on top. Jalapenos, bacon, and cheddar cheese are all great additions that take this simple recipe to the next level while still keeping it keto-friendly.
Nutritional Information for Keto Cornbread:
NET CARBS: 2g
Next recipe peanut butter cups