Keto surf and turf Burrito
Keto surf and turf Burrito is the most delicious Ketogenic dish. In case, if you don’t want to make this whole burrito, you can at least come up with frying up some cheese.
If you have chosen the journey to the burrito championship, you can consider the following. So, the combination of the steak and shrimp, the smokiness of the bacon and the creaminess of the guacamole are bizarre.
Ingredients required for Keto surf and turf Burrito:
⦁ 8 large uncooked deveined and skinned shrimp
⦁ 2 tablespoons garlic powder
⦁ 1 tablespoon paprika
⦁ 1 large ripe avocado
⦁ Half cup chopped roasted red peppers
⦁ 1 large New York cut steak or boneless steak
⦁ 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
⦁ 6 strips bacon
How to prepare Keto surf and turf Burrito?
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.For the bacon:
1. Initially, you need to line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place the bacon on the sheet and bake it for about 10 minutes.
2. Now, flip the bacon and extract the grease it. Take an extra 5 minutes to bake it. Now, place the bacon on a place with the paper towel and set it aside.
For the steak:
1. Season steak with the salt and pepper. Now, heat a cast iron pan to the high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to it. When the oil starts shimmering, you can add the steak.
2. Make sure you cook the steak from every side for straight 6 minutes. Now, set the steak aside to cool it. You can slice the steak into 1-inch strips.
For the shrimp:
1. Pat the shrimp to dry with a paper towel. Combine the shrimp in the bowl with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika as well as half garlic powder.
2. Now, heat the medium-high pan and add shrimp. Cook it for about 3-4 minutes and stir occasionally. Remove it from pan and set it aside.
For the guacamole:
1. Here, you need to add the avocado, garlic, and roasted red peppers with the liquid into a bowl. With the help of the fork, mash everything properly. Now, season it with salt and pepper.
For the cheese blanket:
1. Heat a large non-stick frying pan to the medium heat. Now, add half of the shredded mozzarella and spread it in an even order so the cheese would cover the entire surface.
2. You need to continue it to fry until the edges of the cheese start getting crisped and the cheese would be easily removable from the pan. Now, place the piece of parchment and set it aside.
Building the burrito:
For building the burrito,
1. You need to place half of the guacamole in the center of the cheese tortilla and add half of the sliced steak.
2. It’s the time to cut the bacon in half and place half of the strips on the top of the steak that is followed by half of the shrimp.
3. Now, fold every side of the cheese inwards and roll the burrito with the opposite side like creating a pocket.
Enjoy your meal now!
It serves you 934 grams of calories with a daily value of 28 grams of total fat, 117 grams of carbohydrates, 50 grams of protein with 2740mg of calcium.