Loaded Whole 30 Breakfast Casserole (Paleo + Keto)?
The loaded whole 30 breakfast casserole is rich and filling with the bacon and sausage. It also gets an extra boost of veggies with onion, carrots, and zucchini. You will fall in love with the taste and texture of the filling casserole.
Ingredients to make loaded Whole30 breakfast casserole:
· One diced onion
· Three minced garlic cloves
· One medium grated zucchini
· One large grated carrot
· Eight pieces of bacon in diced form
· One tablespoon ghee
· One lb ground sausage
· Two tablespoons fresh chopped sage
· One tablespoon Italian seasoning
· 12 eggs
· Half teaspoon sea salt
· Half teaspoon ground pepper
· 1 tablespoon ghee
How to make loaded Whole30 breakfast casserole?
· Dice the bacon and you need to heat a large skillet over the medium heat. Once it gets hot, you can add the bacon to cook for around 5 minutes until it starts getting crispy. You can now remove it and place it on the paper towel lined plate and keep the bacon fat in the pan.
· At the time when bacon is cooking, you need to chop the onion and garlic. You need to piece the zucchini and carrot in the food processor and with the help of the grater.
· Once you are done with the bacon, take the same skillet over the medium heat and add the ground sausage and onions. Now, you need to break the sausage into small bits. Keep on cooking till the point the meat is cooked properly for about 6-7 minutes.
· While the sausage is getting cooked, you can chop the fresh sage. Once the sausage is completed, you can add carrots and zucchini to the skillet. Now, cook for another 3-4 minutes until it gets softened in nature.
· Now, add garlic, Italian seasoning, sage, salt as well as pepper. Mix it well. You can add the bacon back into the pan and mix it again. Now, remove it from the heat.
· Get the oven preheated up to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and meanwhile take a large baking dish and grease it with butter or ghee
· Take a mixing bowl and whisk the eggs well.
· You can also add the meat mixture to the eggs and combine them well. Now, you can pour everything into the baking dish.
· You can bake for about 30 minutes or until eggs are set in the middle.
· Now, let it cool for about 5-10 minutes and cut into several pieces and serve it.
You can attain 410 grams of calories with 34 grams of fat, 12 grams of saturated fat, 4 grams of
carbohydrates, 1 gram of fiber and 20 grams of protein.