low carb banana bread recipe
This low carb banana bread recipe is moist and easy to prepare, and great for breakfast or an afternoon snack. It is grain-free, gluten-free, and only has 4.4 grams of net carbs per slice. This best banana bread recipe is from my 8 ingredients keto meal plan. Low carb or not, this sugar-free banana bread and healthy banana bread is a hit with the entire family.
Prep Time- 5 minutes
Cooking Time- 40 minutes
banana bread ingredients low carb banana bread almond flour
1. 1 1/2 cup almond flour (150 g) or ground almonds
2. 1/2 cup mashed banana (120g) 2 small or 1 big, ripe bananas
3. 3 big eggs
4. 2 tablespoons melted butter
5. erythritol granules, 1/4 cup / 50g (Nourished)
6. 2 tsp cinnamon powder
7. 1 teaspoon powdered baking soda
8. 30g / 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
low carb banana bread recipe How to prepare healthy banana bread
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C (356 degrees Fahrenheit).
2. Combine the eggs, mashed banana, and melted butter in an electric mixer and beat until smooth.
1. Combine the dry ingredients – almond flour, erythritol or sweetener of choice, cinnamon, and baking powder – in a separate cup. Blend until well mixed with the egg/banana/butter mixture in the mixing bowl.
2. Finally, add the crushed walnuts, reserving a few to scatter on top of the bread.
3. Fill a small (7 x 3.5 inch / 1 lb) loaf tin with dough and cover with parchment paper. Cover with the walnuts that are leftover.
4. Bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. After 30 minutes, take a look at the cake. If the top is already brown, cover it loosely with aluminum foil to prevent it from burning.
5. Before slicing the low-fat banana bread, let it cool down.
Tips and suggestions for homemade banana bread / bread recipes
1 STORAGE: The homemade banana bread must be kept in the refrigerator, fully sealed. It will hold for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
2 TO STORE IN THE FREEZER: simple banana bread recipe slices can be placed in the freezer. Keep the bread frozen for up to 6 months in zip lock containers.
3 REHEATING: Microwave for 30 seconds before eating to keep it warm.
4 Walnuts are a personal preference. You can substitute some other nuts for the nuts in this recipe, or even sugar-free chocolate chips.
5 A touch of nutmeg would also be a pleasant addition.
6 You can double the recipe if you just have a standard size 9 x 5-inch loaf tin. Increase the baking time to around 55-60 minutes in this situation.
7 Sift the almond flour to remove any clumps.
8 Don’t worry if the low carb banana recipes bread won’t rise much because it is filled mostly.
Nutritional Information for a keto banana bread with real bananas
Serving: 1 Slice
1 Calories: 196kcal
2 Carbohydrates: 5g
3 Protein: 6g
4 Fat: 24g
5 Sodium: 342mg
6 Potassium: 28mg
7 Fiber: 3g
8 Vitamin A: 563IU
9 Calcium: 90mg
10 Iron: 1mg
11 NET CARBS: 2g
Next recipe Keto Garlic Bread