Palak pulao recipe
Palak pulao recipe is a deliciously easy and filling weeknight recipe that you can prepare in a total time of 20 minutes. This spinach rice recipe is a wholesome and nutritious spinach rice filling meal. Rice is an easy all veggie that even my hubby likes. It cooks and is ready in a few minutes for those times you need aside in a hurry!
It is a perfect and healthy palak rice recipe you can try out. Learn how to cook palak pulao and also know the benefits of a highly rich protein spinach rice recipe in this blog. It makes amazingly flavourful and satisfying meal spinach and rice.
Benefits of spinach: Spinach has many health benefits it prevents cancer and it improves eye health.
It reduces oxidative stress. It reduces blood pressure levels.
Ingredients required for palak rice:
1 cup basmati rice
One tsp ghee/butter
1 small bay leaves or curry leaves
Half tablespoon cumin seeds
2 garlic cloves chopped
¼ onion (thinly sliced)
2 green chilli (slit lengthwise)
1 cup palak leaves/spinach (finely chopped)
¼ cup peas (fresh/frozen)
salt to taste
palak pulao recipe How to prepare spinach and rice recipes :
In the first step, wash and soak rice for 10 minutes.
2. In the second step wash spinach and chopped well and blend them in a blender and make a smooth paste.
3. Take a cooker and add ghee or butter over medium-high heat.
4. When heated up the ghee or butter add cumin seeds and bay leaf and stir well.
5. Now add chopped garlic and chopped onions and green chillies sauté till the onion turn golden brown.
6. Please add one tablespoon turmeric powder and salt according to taste.
7. Now add spinach puree and stir well till it is cooked.
8. Now add washed and soaked rice and mix well.
9. Cook it for 3-4 whistles.
10. Serve spinach rice with yoghurt/curd.
Nutritional Information for spinach rice Indian:
Fat 11 gram
Saturated fat 1 gram
Sodium 34 mg
Protein 8 gram
Sugar 2 gram
Fibre 3 gram
Sodium 34 mg