Keto Cabbage Dumplings
Cabbage is a popular ingredient when it comes to preparing ketogenic recipes. The keto cabbage dumplings recipe is yet another excellent low-carb recipe that is fulfilling and healthy.
Preparing these yummy dumplings requires fresh and tender cabbage leaves. To make it tender, you need to soak the cabbage in water and bring it to a boil. The complete process is simple and preparing the recipe takes a little over 1 hour. You can have it with or without a sauce of your choice.
Ingredients required for Keto Cabbage Dumplings
Total Servings – 8
Prep Time – 20 minutes
Cooking Time – 45 minutes
- 454 grams ground pork
- 8 cabbage leaves (large)
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- Pepper as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
How to Prepare Keto Cabbage Dumplings
1.Start with thoroughly rinsing the cabbage. Use a sharp knife to remove the core.
2. Take a deep pot or frying pan and fill it with water. Put the cabbage in it and ensure that the cabbage is completely soaked in the water. Place the pot on the gas and bring the water to a boil. This should take about 10 minutes.
3. While the water boils, take a bowl and add the remaining ingredients to it. Combine well to form a smooth mixture. For that, you might need to knead the ground pork. Divide into 8 equal portions and set aside.
4. Remove the top layers of the leaves from the cabbage. You should get 8 large cabbage leaves. You can use the remaining cabbage for preparing other meals.
5. Next, place one dumpling portion on a cabbage leaf, fold it well, ensure that the filling doesn’t come out from anywhere, and use a toothpick to seal it. Repeat for the remaining 7 dumpling portions and 7 cabbage leaves.
6. Place the dumplings in a steamer and steam for about 20 minutes or until the meat is cooked through. You can slice each dumpling into 2 if need be.
7. Remove the dumplings from the steamer and enjoy with or without sauce. These taste best when served warm.
Take a bowl and add all the sauce ingredients to it. Mix well.
Nutritional Information for Keto Cabbage Dumplings
Energy – 192kcal
Carbohydrates – 3 grams
Fat – 15 grams
Fiber – 1 gram
Protein – 12 grams
In addition to the aforementioned, the keto cabbage dumplings recipe contains traces of calcium, iron, potassium, sodium, vitamin A, vitamin C.
Use the dedicated comments section below to share your views, suggestions, opinions, remarks, etc. with us. Thanks already!