Low Carb Coconut Cream Pie is a delicious and healthy dessert that is perfect for anyone looking to indulge in something sweet without all the added sugar and carbs. Keto Coconut Cream Pie made with a creamy coconut filling that’s sweetened with a natural sweetener like stevia or erythritol, and a crunchy almond crust that’s gluten-free and low-carb. This dessert is perfect for those who are following a keto diet or anyone who wants to enjoy a tasty treat without the guilt
Health Benefits of Keto Coconut Cream Pie
Not only is Keto Coconut Cream Pie delicious, but it’s also packed with health benefits. Coconut is a great source of healthy fats that can help improve your cholesterol levels and reduce your risk of heart disease. It’s also rich in fiber, which can help improve digestion and promote feelings of fullness. Additionally, the almond crust used in this recipe is a great source of protein and healthy fats, which can help keep you feeling full and satisfied for longer periods of time.
Ingredients for Keto Coconut Cream Pie:
For the Crust:
– 1 1/2 cups almond flour
– 1/4 cup coconut flour
– 1 egg
– 1/4 cup erythritol or stevia
– 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
For the Filling:
– 1 cans coconut cream
– 1/4 cup coconut oil
– 1/4 cup erythritol or stevia
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Step-by-Step Guide to Making Keto Coconut Cream Pie
Step 1: Make the Crust
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, and sweetener.
3. Add the melted coconut oil and egg to the bowl and mix until a dough forms.
4. Press the dough into a 9-inch pie dish, making sure to evenly distribute the dough across the bottom and sides of the dish.
5. Bake the crust for 10-12 ‘minutes or until it’s golden brown.
Step 2: Make the Filling
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the coconut cream, coconut oil, sweetener, and vanilla extract.
2. Use an electric mixer to beat the ingredients together until they are smooth and creamy.
3. Fold in unsweetened coconut flakes.
4. Pour the filling into the pre-baked crust and smooth it out with a spatula.
5. Refrigerate the pie for at least 2 hours or until the filling is set.
Step 3: Serve and Enjoy!
1. Once the pie is set, remove it from the refrigerator and slice it into 8 ‘equal pieces.
2. Serve the pie immediately, or store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Tips for Making the Perfect Keto Coconut Cream Pie:
– Make sure to evenly distribute the dough when pressing it into the pie dish to avoid any thin or thick spots.
– Use a high-quality coconut cream to ensure a creamy and smooth texture.
– Be sure to let the pie set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to ensure the filling is fully set.
– To add some extra flavour, try topping your pie with whipped cream and a sprinkle of toasted coconut flakes.
Frequently Asked Questions about Keto Coconut Cream Pie:
Can I use a different sweetener in this recipe?
Yes, you can use any natural sweetener of your choice, such as monk fruit sweetener or xylitol.
Can I use regular flour in the crust?
No, regular flour is not gluten-free and is not suitable for a keto diet. You can use almond flour or coconut flour instead.
Can I freeze this pie?
Yes, you can freeze this pie for up to 3 months. Just be sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminium foil to prevent freezer burn.
Keto Coconut Cream Pie is the perfect dessert for anyone who wants to indulge in something sweet without all the added sugar and carbs. With its creamy coconut filling and crunchy almond crust, this dessert is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth while also providing you with a variety of health benefits. Whether you’re following a keto diet or just looking for a healthier dessert option, Keto Coconut Cream Pie is a must-try. So go ahead and give this recipe a try – your taste buds (and your body) will thank you!