palak rice recipe-spinach rice recipe-spinach rice
palak rice recipe
Palak rice is a delicious easy and filling weeknight recipe that you can prepare under a total time of 20 minutes.
This spinach rice recipe is a wholesome and nutritious filling meal.
Rice is an easy all veggie that even my hubby likes. It cooks and is ready in a few minutes for those times you need a side in a hurry!
It is a perfect and healthy recipe you can try out.
Learn how to cook palak rice and also know the benefits of highly rich protein spinach in this blog.
It makes amazingly flavourful and satisfying meal.
Benefits of spinach:
Spinach has many health benefits it prevents cancer and it improves eye health.
It reduces oxidative stress.
It reduces blood pressure levels.
Ingredients required for palak rice:
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tsp ghee/butter
- 1 small bay leaves or curry leaves
- Half tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- ¼ onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 green chilli (slit length wise)
- 1 cup palak leaves / spinach (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup peas (fresh / frozen)
- salt to taste
How to prepare spinach rice recipe:
1. In the first step, wash and soak rice for 10 minutes.
2. In the second step wash spinach and chopped well and blend them in blender and make smooth paste.
3. Take a cooker and add ghee or butter over medium high heat.
4. When heated up the ghee or butter add cumin seeds and bay leaf and stir well.
5. Now add chopped garlic and chopped onions and green chillies sauté till the onion turn golden brown.
6. Now add one tablespoon turmeric powder and salt according to taste.
7. Now add spinach puree and stir well till it cooked.
8. Now add washed and soaked rice and mix well.
9. Cook it for 3-4 whistles.
10. Serve spinach rice with yogurt/curd.
Nutritional Information for spinach rice recipe:
Fat 11 gram
Saturated fat 1 gram
Sodium 34 mg
Protein 8 gram
Sugar 2 gram
Fiber 3 gram
Sodium 34 mg